How to validate digital signature in aadhar card?
Follow these steps to validate digital signature:-
- Right click on the ‘validity unknown’ icon and click on ‘Validate Signature
- You will get the signature validation status window, click on ‘Signature Properties
- Click on ‘Show Certificate
- Verify that there is a certification path named ‘CCA India 2011’. This identifies CCA India as the owner of the digital certificate that has been used when signing the document.
- Mark the certification path named ‘CCA India 2011’, click the ‘Trust’ tab and then ‘Add to Trusted Identities.
- Answer ‘OK’ to any security question that follows.
- Check(√) the field for ‘Use this certificate as a trusted root’ and click ‘OK’ twice to close this and the next window.
- Click ‘Validate Signature’ to execute the validation.
Share this post
Aadhar based digital signature
Aadhaar ekyc is a paperless Know Your Customer (KYC) process, wherein the Identity and Address of the subscriber are verified electronically through Aadhaar Authentication.
It can be used as an alternate to current KYC process which is done on the basis of physical photocopies of the original documents (ID proof and Address proof).
According to Identity Verification Guidelines of CCA, the normal KYC process requires paper documents to be submitted, which should contain the attestation by Gazetted Officer / Bank Manager / Post Master. Subsequently CA should also carry out Mobile verification, Email Verification and Video Verification (in case of class 3) of the subscriber, as per details provided in application form
Using Aadhaar eKYC, the hassles and the delays of attestations and other verification is brought to minimum. Thereby ensuring faster processing and issuance of Digital Certificate.
Prerequisites for Aadhaar eKYC (Biometric Based Authentication)
To perform Aadhaar eKYC, subscriber should be physically available, and also facilitated with a biometric device. With this, a subscriber can perform Aadhaar eKYC either at RA location or any other place having the device.Prerequisites for Aadhaar eKYC (Biometric Based Authentication)
To perform Aadhaar eKYC, subscriber should be physically available, and also facilitated with a biometric device. With this, a subscriber can perform Aadhaar eKYC either at RA location or any other place having the device.
Get Digital Siganture instantly with your aadhar card
Follow these steps for aadhar based digital signature:-
- Authenticate yourself using Aadhaar for eKYC with OTP. You need to enter your aadhar number where prompted and click on the ‘Get OTP’ Button and enter the OTP to authenticate.
- Perform eSign through Aadhaar with OTP. Once the authentication is completed your eSign will be generated and signed automatically. With this the process will be complete and proceed for the video verification
- Record video while answering simple questions. You can complete this steps via sitting in front of a system which has a working webcam or you can download our ‘Customer Mobile add’ on your smart phone and complete
- Obtain your DSC in minutes* after processing by eMudhra Representative. Once the digital signature is issued by our representative you can download it to you eToken immediatly.
E-sign lays the foundation for Aadhaar E-signature and it is important to understand it first. E-sign is an online electronic signature service that facilitates Aadhaar holders to digitally sign a document in the country.
This service is expedited by Aadhaar E-KYC service which allows people to authorise service providers to access their Aadhaar information.
To avail the E-sign facility, an individual must have his/her mobile number registered with Aadhaar. With this basic requirement fulfilled, anyone can E-sign a document remotely.
The purpose of this service is to promote online usage and enable people to sign the documents in a secure way that is also accepted legally.
Aadhaar E-Signature Service Providers:
The Controller of Certifying Authorities (CCA) has qualified a few authorities to facilitate the service. The list includes C-DAC, eMudhra Ltd., and (n) Code Solutions. Digio and Nexus Group as the premium solution digital signature certificate providers.
Benefits of Aadhaar E-Signature:
Aadhaar E-Signature service comes with a number of benefits that are mentioned ahead.
- Privacy: It is the responsibility of both service providers and solution providers that the full privacy of the signatory is maintained. To ensure this, the complete Aadhaar information is not involved in the process. Only the required information is accessible to the service providers.
- No Physical Presence Required: Aadhaar E-Signature is an online service since the individuals are not required to be physically present at the time of verification. It can be done remotely which saves time and eliminates the possibility of delays and errors. The service has also eliminated the use of hardware tokens that were used widely.
- Flexible: The verification can be done in a number of ways depending on the availability of the devices at the service provider. The basic way is to go through the biometric verification where iris scanning and fingerprints verification is done. The other way is to do it with One-Time Password (OTP). The person receives an OTP on his/her registered mobile number and confirms the verification. This makes the whole process easy and highly flexible.
- Safety: All the service providers are qualified and certified for this process by CCA. The authorities are licensed under the IT act. The private keys of the user are created on Hardware Security Module (HSM) and destroyed immediately after one-time use. This enhances the security and prevents any misuse of the sensitive information of the user.