Follow these steps:-
- Visit Incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and Login.
- After login go to profile setting
- Click Register digital signature certificate.
- Download DSC Management Utility Zip file.
- Run DSC management Utility.
- Click on second tab Register/Reset password Tab.
- Insert DSC USB token in System.
- Enter the e-filing user id and Pan card Details.
- Select Type of DSC USB token.
- Click Generate the signature file.
- Save generated file and upload in Income Tax portal.
How to Verify ITR using DSC?
Follow these steps:-
- Download latest DSC management utility.
- Select the third tab upload XML in the DSC management utility.
- Generate .xml file from DSC management utility.
- Select the type of DSC USB token
- Go to e-filing site and upload generated .xml file.
It is mandatory for an individual, HUF and firm to file income tax return using the Digital Signature Certificate. Here’s how to do it.
A digital signature is an electronic form of a signature that can be used to authenticate the signatory of a document.
It is used to sign the documents digitally and to authenticate the electronic documents.
A Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) is the electronic format of physical or paper certificate that serves as a proof of identity of an individual.
These certificates can be issued only through licensed Certifying Authorities (CA) approved by the Controller of Certifying Authorities (CCA), Government of India.
DSC comes in the form of USB token, generally has a validity of 1 or 2 years and is renewable on expiry.
It is an easy and hassle-free process to file the IT return using the Digital Signature. This is also considered a secure way to file the Income-Tax Return (ITR).
It is mandatory for an individual, HUF, firm, LLP (if their accounts are required to be audited under the provisions of Section 44AB), political parties and companies to file the ITR using the DSC (Class 2).
Other taxpayers can also voluntarily use the DSC to file the income-tax return. If the return is signed digitally, then it is neither required to verify the return using Aadhaar-based OTP, nor to send the signed hard copy of ITR-V to the CPC Bengaluru.
The taxpayer just needs to affix the DSC to the tax return to authenticate it. Before verifying the ITR using DSC, it is mandatory to register the DSC on the income-tax e-filing website.
DSCs are available in three classes – Class 1, Class 2 and Class 3.
Class 1 Digital Signatures are issued to individuals/private subscribers and offer lowest level of assurance.
It is used for both business and private use. It is used to digitally sign the non-commercial or low-value transactions where proof of identity is unnecessary.
Class 2 Digital Signatures are required to file documents electronically with various government authorities like the Income-Tax Department, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, etc.
It is used for income-tax e-filing, companies incorporation, ROC filings, etc.
Class 3 Digital Signatures are used to participate in E-auctions/E-tenders. Various government entities like the Railways, Banks, Road Transport authorities, power board, etc.,
require Class 3 Digital signature to participate in e-auctions.