To register an AD code at Mumbai port, you can:
- Log on to the ICEGATE website.
- Click on the left panel and then Bank Account Management.
- Click on AD Code Registration on the Export Promotion Bank Account Management page.
- Select AD Code Registration and then Submit for AD Code Bank Account Registration.
- Upload the required documents and provide your business details.
- Provide detailed information about your bank account, including the account number, branch details, and the name of the bank where the AD Code will be linked.
- If applicable, provide a copy of your Goods and Services Tax (GST) registration certificate.
An Authorized Dealer (AD) Code is a 14-digit number that ensures foreign currency transactions in an exporter's current account come from legal channels. It is mandatory to register an AD code on the port where you intend to import goods.
Here are some steps for registering an AD code for Mumbai Port:
- Get an AD code from the bank where you have a current account.
- Send a request to the branch manager in a prescribed format to issue the AD code on the Bank letterhead.
- Once the AD code is issued, register it with the Mumbai Port on the icegate portal.
- Bank's AD Code authorization letter in Annexure-A (original)
- Exporter's letter on letterhead requesting/authorizing the registration of AD Code
- Customs broker's letter on letterhead requesting AD Code registration
- GST registration certificate
- Import-Export Code License
- Class 3 Digital signature